Well hi there! Today I’ve got another plant protein-packed recipe for you. I’ve been working on adding more recipes to the blog that are focused on plant protein because we’ve got a special masterclass coming up this week inside of Patreon that is a complete guide to plant-based protein! So, to prepare for that class I’ve been experimenting with A LOT of different protein-focused recipes.
And I definitely want to say this before we get into today’s protein oatmeal recipe. Plants have protein! And there truly are so many different sources of plant protein. You do NOT need to turn to vegan protein powder to get it. (And if you want to dive into this topic further, make sure you get into the Patreon masterclass. You can sign up here!)
I do use vegan protein powder from time to time, but this is definitely not an everyday thing. Protein powder is not actually a whole food, and I like to keep the majority of what I eat to be whole foods. But from time to time, I do like to work it into a smoothie, or in this case, some creamy oatmeal.
Currently, I’ve been on a quick with this protein powder. The ingredients are clean and organic, and it’s not packed with a bunch of weird junk that I don’t recognize. It also tastes really good too!
I’m always testing and trying new things though, so I’ll keep you posted if I find any other vegan protein powders that I really love.
Alright, not that we’ve covered all that, let’s get to the protein oatmeal recipe!!
Vegan Vanilla Protein Oatmeal
- 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 cup water
- 1 scoop vegan protein powder
- In a small saucepan over medium low heat, combine oats, chia seeds, water, and mashed banana, stirring well.
- Cook oat mixture until water is absorbed, stirring every few minutes so oats don't stick to pan, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and add in a scoop of vegan protein powder.
- Spoon into a bowl and top with your favorite toppings. (I like strawberries and almond butter!) Enjoy.
I hope you love this recipe!! For more plant protein ideas try these: