Happy Valentine’s Day! Are you celebrating?
Regardless of if you are or aren’t doing something for V-Day, you can definitely celebrate with these strawberries. 😋 And also- if you’re not doing anything- don’t feel bad! Neither am I. I mean… I like Valentine’s Day, and it can be super cute and all, but I feel like sometimes I forget about it until the day actually arrives. And then I feel kinda crappy because I didn’t plan anything. Am I alone in this?? 😬
Anyway- I’m stoked about this recipe and hope that if you’re in the mood to make something fun, you’ll be just as excited about these as I am!
I made these Vegan Chocolate-Covered Strawberries a few years ago and fell in love. (And not just because it was Valentine’s Day!) These strawberries are a perfect sweet little gift for your bae, mom, sister, or bestie. And I know homemade gifts can seem a bit iffy…. but honestly, I’m a big fan. A homemade gift is usually something that comes from the heart, and what’s better than that?! Plus, if you forgot about getting a gift and can get your hands on the ingredients- these can come together pretty quickly. Add a little Valentine’s card and you’re good to go!
The base of this recipe is this dreamy Plant-Based Dark Chocolate. It definitely seems more difficult to make than it actually is. Don’t be freaked out by a double broiler situation- you basically just need two pots- a bigger one with a few inches of boiling water, sitting under a smaller one that you’ll melt the cacao butter in.
For ingredients to make these strawberries, I love love love Thrive Market. (They have the best prices on clean, healthy vegan groceries!) You can find the cacao butter here, the cacao powder here, and the date syrup here. If you don’t use Thrive, you can also find everything on Amazon here.
Alright, let’s get to the Vegan Chocolate-Covered Strawberries!
Vegan Chocolate-Covered Strawberries (without refined sugar)
- 10oz Strawberries (organic if possible)
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 1 cup cacao butter
- 1/3 cup date syrup & maple syrup
- t tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp himalayan salt
- Wash strawberries. Lay out individually on a paper towel to dry.
- Prep a double broiler: situate a smaller pot on top of a larger pot filled with about 2″ of water.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Melt cacao butter in smaller pot over double broiler.
- Once melted, combine cacao butter with cacao powder in a large bowl and whisk until combined.
- Add date syrup, salt, and vanilla extract and whisk until combined.
- One by one, dip strawberries into melted chocolate.
- Place strawberries individually onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, making sure they don't touch each other.
- Place in refrigerator until firm (about 30 minutes).
- Once firm, enjoy! Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
If you make these, tag me (@laurenvacula) on IG or TT– I would love to see your creation!!!
Hope you have a great Valentine’s Day!
Get the recipe for Vegan Vanilla Protein Oatmeal here.
Learn how to make Healthy Vegan Snickers Bars here.
+ Leave a comment