I’ve probably mentioned this WAY too many times, but I’m a big fan of drinks that pack a little extra nutritional punch. Anytime we can add some health benefits to our beverages, it’s a win!
And I’ve definitely talked before about my love of Lion’s Mane. And it really is that- a LOVE. Lion’s Mane is this powerful adaptogenic mushroom that offers so many benefits. One of my favorites is helping with focus and productivity while working!
So, when RYZE Superfoods reached out to ask if I’d like to try and review their mushroom coffee- I was in! Some of the benefits that RYZE lists to expect from their coffee are:
- Calmer energy
- Sharper focus
- Immune support for a balanced body and clear mind
Their organic blend of mushrooms includes:
- Cordyceps mushroom for stamina. Cordyceps mushroom is a potent antioxidant that helps to increase oxygenation for sustained energy and rapid recovery.
- Lion’s Mane mushroom for focus. This mushroom helps to improve concentration, enhance memory, and stimulate neuron growth.
- Reishi mushroom for stress. Reishi mushrooms are known as the mushroom of immortality and can help to support our mood and lower anxiety.
- Shiitake mushroom for immunity. Shiitake mushrooms have been said to keep viruses away and inflammation at bay. It’s considered an anti-viral, anti-inflammatory, anti-tumor mushroom that improves bone density and wards off the flu.
- Turkey Tail mushroom for gut health. These mushrooms can help to protect our digestive system because of their antimicrobial properties.
- King Trumpet mushroom for inflammation. These mushrooms are known as an immunity elixir because of the levels of amino acids and antioxidants they contain. They can help to fight inflammation and boost immunity.
Phew- that’s a lot of benefits, right!? It’s kind of incredible how powerful mushrooms really are.
In addition to the mushroom blend, RYZE coffee also contains organic Arabica coffee. I always try to look for organic coffee, because conventional coffee can be sprayed with A LOT of stuff. So organic?! Yes, please!
The RYZE Mushroom Coffee blend also has organic MCT oil derived from coconuts in it. I think the whole MCT oil in coffee situation started for people doing ketogenic diets- because this oil is digested quickly, goes straight to the liver where it’s used to produce the ketones critical to a keto diet. Now I am 100% not or have ever done keto- it’s quite different with what I do in my whole food plant-based diet, but when I realized RYZE has it in their coffee and knew I wanted to review the coffee, I was interested to see how I felt with it. I typically drink my coffee at around 10-11 AM- a few hours after I wake up. I usually drink it after breakfast. But, on the day I tried RYZE, I decided to drink it before I ate anything (still around 10 AM).
And I really liked it! It has a great coffee (slight-coconut) taste that is really good paired with some frothed cashew milk to take it to the next level. I also noticed that the coffee definitely feels a little thicker than what I normally drink because of the MCT oil.
About an hour after drinking it, my energy felt awesome as well as my focus with what I was working on, which was writing blog posts that day. I didn’t notice too much of a difference with the effect of this coffee on my appetite, and I ate my normal smoothie bowl breakfast about a half hour after drinking it.
All in all, I am a huge proponent of mushroom coffee and think RYZE makes a fantastic option for us with this blend!
Watch the full review video here:
A big thank you to RYZE for sending this coffee to try. If you’d like to try it for yourself, you can get 15% off at RYZE Superfoods with the code LAURENVACULA15 at checkout.
I hope this video and post were helpful. I’ll see you later this week for another new post!
Want to dive into learning about Lion’s Mane? Read the post here
Get into this month’s wellness Patreon masterclass here