Happy weekend Lovelies!! I’m bringing you another gluten-free flour pancake recipe today that’s perfect for Fall: Apple Pie Pancakes! Oat flour is by far one of my favorite gluten-free flour options. It’s versatile, pakced with fiber, and adds a delicious, sweet flavor to your kitchen creation. (Lovely side note: while I’ve successfully used oat flour alone in this pancake recipe, it must usually be used in combination with other GF flour options when baking, as it can be a bit crumbly when used alone. ) You can make your own oat flour in under five minutes with just a food processor and some rolled oats.
These delicious pancakes are topped with fresh coconut whipped cream. I made the whipped cream by refrigerating an open can of (whole fat, not light) coconut milk overnight and whipping only the cream part (leaving out the watery liquid) with electric beaters the next day. So tasty.
Gluten-Free Vegan Apple Pie Pancakes with Oat Flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 3 tbsp rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- dash of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 (sweet) apple, peeled and diced
- cooking spray
- Mix flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk to combine.
- Mix almond milk, maple syrup, applesauce, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, mixing just until combined. Fold in diced apples.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat, spray with cooking spray.
- Drop batter into pan (3 tbsp per pancake). Cook 4-5 minutes per side.
- Top with syrup and whip cream. Mmmmm.
+ Leave a comment