Time for another delicious gluten-free pancake recipe. Today I’m using corn flour to create tasty pumpkin pancakes. Corn flour is another great option for gluten-free baking; it imparts a delicious flavor in your baked goods and is rich in fiber, niacin, folate, thiamin, riboflavin, and iron. You can make corn flour at home by grinding corn meal in a spice grinder or food processor.
I’ve topped these pancakes with a yummy pumpkin (vegan) cream cheese spread. To make, mix pumpkin puree with a vegan cream cheese alternative, add some stevia to sweeten and finish with cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice.
Pumpkin Cornbread Pancakes
- 1/2 cup gluten-free corn flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 6 tbsp water
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- cooking spray
- Combine both flours, sucanat, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, and salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk to combine.
- Prepare flax eggs: combine 2 tablespoons of ground flax with 6 tablespoons of water in a medium bowl, whisking with a fork to combine. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Add almond milk, pumpkin puree, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract to flax eggs. Stir with a whisk until fully combined.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring just until combined. Let rest for five minutes before cooking to allow the batter to thicken.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat, and spray with cooking spray.
- Drop batter onto heated skillet, 3 tablespoons per pancake. Cook 4-5 minutes per side until edges look set. Flip and cook the remaining side.
- Top with pumpkin cream cheese and maple syrup!