We are always on the lookout for healthy, easy lunch options that require minimum preparation. These collard wraps definitely fit the bill. They are packed with cholesterol-lowering ingredients, healthy protein, and essential amino acids. They are also excellent for digestion! We recommend making a batch of chipotle hummus and a pot of quinoa on Sunday. You then have the staple ingredients to make collard wrap lunches all week!
- 2 15oz cans chickpeas/garbanzo beans (drain 1 can, reserve 1/3 cup liquid from other can)
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1.5 tbsp adobo sauce
- 4 tbsp tahini
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Combine all ingredients (including 1/3 cup chickpea liquid from can) in food processor or blender.
- Process ingredients until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
Collard Wraps with Chipotle Hummus
- 4 large collard leaves
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 6 baby carrots
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup chipotle hummus (recipe above)
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions. (Be sure to rinse before cooking!)
- Assemble veggies- slice avocado, tomatoes, and carrots. Chop off stem ends from collard leaves.
- Assemble wraps by spreading hummus over wrap, followed by quinoa, tomatoes, carrots and avocado.
- Wrap up and enjoy! Serves 2-4 (depending on hunger level).