It’s that time of year again… time for sundresses, poolside barbeques, and summer fruits! To celebrate this, we whipped up a batch of dairy-free, gluten-free Cherry Almond Crisp. It is super simple to make and the perfect dessert for the first (unofficial) weekend of summer!
Gluten-Free Vegan Cherry Almond Crisp
- 1 lb (16 oz) fresh cherries
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch (cornstarch can be subbed)
- 1 tbsp pure cane sugar (regular sugar can be subbed)
- 1/3 cup gluten-free flour blend (all-purpose flour can be subbed)
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 3 tbsp sucanat (brown sugar can be subbed)
- 3 tbsp sliced almonds
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp Earth Balance, melted (butter can be subbed)
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- After rinsing, remove stems and pits from cherries. A cherry pitter (pictured below) makes this step very easy.
- In a medium bowl, combine cherries with tapioca starch and pure cane sugar. Toss to coat.
- Place cherries in pre-greased ramekins or a pre-greased baking dish. Set aside. (Lovely side note – we’ve been using this cooking spray lately.)
- Mix together remaining topping ingredients.
- Crumble topping mixture over cherries.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes prior to serving.
Enjoy with some whipped coconut cream… yummm!