Refreshing, delicious and satiating, green smoothies are pretty much what started me on my way to a plant-based lifestyle. If you haven’t dipped your toe into the smoothie pool, or you’re nervous about the color of this drink, you’re not alone. I was nervous when trying my first green smoothie but quickly after that, I fell in love with them. With a brave palette and resolve for health, after a few tries, your green smoothies will be so good, you’ll crave them. They’re also a great way to pack in a ton of nutrients at breakfast.
This Banana Nut Green Smoothie is a great starter drink if you’re new to the game. If you use spinach, the green flavor is mild and all you really taste is the sweet nutty banana flavor. Also, it can easily be made in advance for a next-day lunch by whipping one up and freezing overnight. Just be sure to allow a few hours of thaw time prior to your lunch break.
- 1 cup ice
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned or rolled oats
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 cup leafy greens (kale, spinach)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 5-7 drops pure liquid stevia extract
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender. Blend until fully pureed.