It’s officially Winter Olympics season! I have always been a lover of the Olympics. They’re exciting, dramatic, and I find myself completely inspired by them. Inspired to get off my butt and move. Bring on the protein smoothie!
If you too are inspired, use that inspiration as a fuel to fire up your workout! And, if you’d like a really great vegan cherry protein smoothie for post-workout fuel, try this smoothie. It’s not only packed with nutrients, it tastes BOMB.
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp gluten-free vegan protein powder (I like Vega)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- stevia (to taste) (optional)
- Add all ingredients except stevia to a high-speed blender.
- Blend until completely processed. Add in stevia to taste.