I’ve mentioned before that I would rather eat my breakfast over drinking it. Enter the smoothie bowl, which you can pile high with bomb-ass toppings like gluten-free muesli, fresh berries, and sliced banana. If you’re in the same eat-over-drink breakfast camp, add more frozen fruit to your smoothie and get down with the smoothie bowl!
I’ve been on a mango kick lately and this smoothie bowl is no exception. Mango and banana go together almost as well as strawberry and banana do (which I’ve also worked into the topping mix). Ginger adds an energizing zing to the bowl and is great for an early morning kickstart. Feel free to get creative with the toppings; they’re kind of the best part about a smoothie bowl!
One thing to keep in mind when making your smoothie bowl- if while blending up your bowl, it becomes too runny, add more frozen fruit. If the bowl is too thick, add more liquid (like unsweetened almond milk or coconut water).
- 3/4 cup frozen mango
- 1 frozen banana (previously peeled and frozen)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup ice
- liquid stevia to taste (optional, if you would like to sweeten the bowl)
- 1/2″ knob fresh ginger root (peeled)
- Topping Ideas: fresh cut strawberries, gluten-free muesli, fresh cut mango, fresh cut banana
- Combine mango, banana, almond milk, ice, and ginger in a high speed blender. Blend until fully pureed. Add liquid stevia to taste. Blend again.
- Top with strawberries, muesli, bananas, and mango.
+ Leave a comment