Are you into papaya? I never really was just because of my lack of experience with it. The few times I tried it, I wasn’t crazy about the semi-mushy/mealy texture. Feeling experimental recently, I decided to pick one of these tropical fruits up when I saw them hanging out at Trader Joe’s. I then realized I have definitely been doing papaya the wrong way.
Throw this fruit into a blender with a few other healthy ingredients and you’re left with a creamy, filling, fresh fruit smoothie packed with immunity-boosting vitamin C and antioxidants. I also added maca powder to this drink for a hit of energy (definitely optional). This smoothie is such an awesome way to start your day. It also works well to make-ahead, freeze, and take for a packable lunch to work or school.
- 1/2 of one papaya- seeds and peel removed (scoop out flesh with spoon)
- 1 frozen banana
- 3/4 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp maca powder (optional)
- a few drops liquid stevia to sweeten (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender. Process until fully pureed.