Happy holidays! I have some festive AF gluten-free gingerbread pancakes for you today. They’re pretty quick to prepare and make an awesome weekend breakfast during the holiday months. As far as ingredients go, you can find almond meal and oat flour at most grocery stores. Trader Joe’s has some awesome gluten-free flour options, which is where I found the packaged almond meal.
I’ve topped these pancakes with a vegan cinnamon frosting and sprinkles for extra festive flair. Frosting is totally optional, but if you track down vegan cream cheese, I suggest making it!
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flaxseed + 6 tbsp water)
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup oat flour
- 6 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp ginger
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- cooking spray
- 4 tbsp vegan cream cheese
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- dash of ginger
- In a medium bowl, mix 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds with 6 tbsp water. Let set for 5 minutes to thicken.
- While flax eggs are thickening, combine almond meal, oat flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and baking powder in a large bowl. Stir with a whisk to combine.
- Add almond milk, maple syrup, molasses, and vanilla extract to flax egg mixture. Stir with a whisk to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- Preheat large skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- Drop batter onto heated skillet, 2-3 tbsp per pancake. (Smaller pancakes work better for this dense mix.) Cook for 3-5 minutes per side until set.
- While pancakes are cooking, combine all frosting ingredients in a medium bowl. Whisk vigorously to combine.
- If you would like to get fancy with the frosting, add mixed frosting to a small sandwich bag. (Be sure to roll down the sides of bag before adding frosting- much easier!) Cut out a small corner on one bottom side of the baggy.
- Pipe frosting onto pancakes. Serve immediately! (Frosting will melt otherwise.)
+ Leave a comment