I’m finishing out Smoothie Week with my favorite detox green smoothie recipe.
It may be because of an allergy or a taste preference, but some people prefer their green smoothie without banana, which can sometimes be hard to come by in the green smoothie recipe realm. Today’s post is just that- a green smoothie without banana! Pear helps give the smoothie creaminess, while detoxifying agents like parsley, lemon juice, and ginger pack a powerful punch. I added a few drops of liquid stevia to sweeten this smoothie. Feel free to leave out the stevia if you don’t mind the taste of parsley.
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 head romaine, end removed
- 1 stalk celery, ends removed
- 1 pear, cored
- 1 handful parsley
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4″ inch ginger, peeled
- a few drops stevia (or other sweetener)
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- Add all ingredients to high-speed blender.
- Blend until completely combined.
- Drink immediately or freeze for later.