If you haven’t jumped on the beet bandwagon yet, my advice to you is to get on it!!! They are delicious on their own, but paired with crispy kale, buttery avocado, and Creamy Tahini Dressing they are perfection!!
Start with a giant bowl of freshly chopped kale.
Next, pour on this heavenly delicious Creamy Tahini Dressing.
Then, add in your sliced avocado and beets. My favorite way to prepare beets is to simply boil them. Remove the greens (keep them, clean them, and save for later use in a green smoothie) and wash the beets (no need to peel yet). Place in a large pot and cover with water. Over high heat, bring water and beets to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook beets over simmering water for 40-50 minutes (test done-ness with a fork). When beets are done, fork will easily pierce the beet. Turn off heat and let water with beets cool off a bit. Once beets can be handled, run under cold water and peel off skin. During this whole process, be sure to immediately wipe up any beet juice drops from counter, flour, stove- beet stains are tricky to remove.
So go get yourself some beets (and kale, avocado, and tahini)!!
- 6 cups kale, large stems removed, chopped
- 3 beets, cooked and sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- Creamy Tahini Dressing:
- 3 tbsp water
- 2.5 tbsp tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp tumeric
- Add chopped kale to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk all dressing ingredients together until completely mixed.
- Pour Creamy Tahini Dressing over chopped kale.
- Using clean hands, massage dressing into kale until fully coated and kale is getting softer.
- Add sliced beets and avocado to salad, toss.
- Serve immediately.
+ Leave a comment