Chocolate chip cookies that are healthy?! Talk about heaven…. these cookies are it! You probably are a fan of chocolate chip, because honestly who isn’t, and you probably are here because you’re trying to figure out how to make chocolate chip cookies with a little bit of an edge- a healthy edge.
These are totally those cookies. They’re soft, chewy, packed with chocolate, and are sweetened completely with dates. I’ve been sweetening everything with dates lately (since I stopped eating refined sugar), and date syrup has been my go-to for baking. The flavor is a little more subtle- but I promise they’re just as sweet and delicious.
Gluten-free, Vegan, Date-Sweetened Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup date syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 6 tbsp gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine almond butter, date syrup, coconut oil and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl.
- Add rolled oats, gluten-free all purpose flour, arrowroot starch, almond flour, baking powder, and sea salt to wet mixture. Mix until fully combined.
- Add in vegan chocolate chips. (For recommendations on chips, see below).
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes until done.
- Remove from oven, let cool completely.
Shop the recipe:
- Almond Butter
- Date Syrup
- Coconut Oil
- Vanilla Extract
- Rolled Oats
- Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour
- Arrowroot Starch
- Almond Flour
- Baking Soda
- Fave Chocolate Chips
In the recipe video above, you’ll see me using Trader Joe’s Completely Cacao Chocolate Chips. I love these because they have no added sugar whatsoever. They’re a little hard to find though, so I always try to keep some Hu Kitchen Chocolate Gems on hand, which are sweetened with coconut sugar. You can also get Enjoy Life, but they do have can sugar in.
If you make the cookies and decide to share your creation, tag me on Instagram so I can check them out!!
+ Leave a comment