It looks like it’s going to be smoothie week! Personally, nothing makes me want a smoothie more than a summer morning. Today’s hydrating green smoothie can be a refreshing start to your day or snack later in the afternoon. If you don’t have any coconut water on hand, feel free to swap for filtered water or unsweetened almond milk. Cantaloupe adds a hefty dose of vitamin A to this smoothie, which in turn provides antioxidants and is essential for healthy vision. It also provides some potassium, which is a necessary compound helping with protection from stroke and heart disease. Plus, this green smoothie is low in calories which makes this a perfect snack option for a mid-day lull. Enjoy!
- 2 cups chopped cantaloupe
- 2 handfuls leafy greens (spinach)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cucumber, end removed
- 1 cup coconut water
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1″ peeled fresh ginger
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender. If using a regular blender, allow frozen veggies to thaw for 5-10 minutes.
- Blend until completely processed.
- Serve immediately.
+ Leave a comment