I developed a mild obsession with Trader Joe’s Peach Salsa sometime last year. So much so that I was going through several jars a week. In a effort to eat clean (and escape the embarrassment of buying three jars per trip at TJ’s), I concocted my own version of this spicy peach goodness.
This salsa is packed with fresh peaches and tomatoes, and gets some spice from chipotle peppers. You can find chipotle peppers canned in adobe sauce in most grocery stores. (If you’re gluten-free, be sure to read labels.) I suggest you try this smoky, sweet dip as soon as possible,especially while peach season is in full swing.
- 4 peaches, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 cup chopped, seeded tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp adobe sauce (usually can be found in can of chipotle peppers)
- 2 minced chipotle peppers from can
- 1 tbsp natural cane sugar
- salt to taste
- baked tortilla chips to serve
- Whisk together lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, tomato paste, and adobe sauce in a small bowl.
- Mix together remaining ingredients (excluding salt) in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over top of salsa. Mix well.
- Salt to taste. Serve with baked corn tortilla chips.