Fourth of July weekend is almost here! If you’re trying to figure out what to make, I have a few great options coming up on the blog this week. This detox Berry Quinoa Salad with Almond Butter Dressing is not only the perfect color for the upcoming holiday, it’s also delicious and easily portable to take to a picnic, party, or even brunch table. You can make the quinoa and dressing a day in advance and combine everything right before serving.
Quinoa is a versatile protein-packed superfood that can be incorporated into any meal of the day. It’s a great healthy option to include on your picnic table. Plus, it’s tasty. Move aside mayo-laden potato salad!
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed well and drained
- 2 cups unsweetened light coconut milk
- 2 tbsp water
- dash of salt
- 2 cups berries (I used blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries)
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce (tamari)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- ¼” knob ginger, peeled and minced
- In a medium saucepan, combine quinoa, coconut milk, water, ginger, and salt over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low (allowing mixture to simmer).
- Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes until all liquid is absorbed.
- While quinoa is cooking, mix all dressing ingredients (almond butter through ¼” ginger) in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk or fork to combine. Set aside.
- Pour quinoa into large mixing bowl, fluff with fork.
- Pour almond butter dressing over quinoa, stir gently to combine.
- Add berries to quinoa, stir gently with spoon to combine.
+ Leave a comment