I’m starting the week with a recipe for my favorite post-gym drink as of late. I always try to get a great dose of protein after a muscle-strengthening workout, whether that’s barre, lifting (never really happens), or something else. If you’re eating a plant-based diet, clean vegan protein powder is an option for feeding your muscles after an intense workout.
This smoothie is not only a perfect post-gym recharge drink, it’s also super delicious. You can’t really go wrong with chocolate and cherries! (Side note- I’m currently using this protein powder. I’ve tried both chocolate and vanilla, and am loving them both.) To make this smoothie even bigger and more satiating, add more frozen bananas or cherries. Both will make the drink even creamier. If the smoothie is too thick to blend, add more liquid.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 1 scoop vegan chocolate protein powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- a few drops liquid stevia (optional)
- dash of sea salt (brings out the smoothie sweetness)
- Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend until fully mixed.