On days when I need a portable lunch option and I’m not in the mood for a smoothie (check out a smoothie roundup here), I usually pack some raw wraps. This PB&J wrap has been a favorite recently. It’s salty, sweet, and tastes delicious! You can pair them with some fruit to round out a full lunch.
If this is your first time trying collard wraps, you can find collard leaves in the refrigerated produce section of the grocery store. I like to store the leaves in the fridge wrapped in a paper towel to preserve them as long as possible. When prepping, cut out most of the thick stem from the middle of the leaf and wrap it burrito style. (The stem can be a little bitter.) For more details on assembling the leaf, check out the pinnable image above.
After you try this recipe, you can move on to stuffing your collard leaves with hummus and bell peppers, bananas and almond butter, or do it fully burrito supreme style and add rice, beans, and vegan cheese.
- 2 collard leaves
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp raspberries (or strawberries, blueberries, or blackberries)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp peanut butter (use less if you'd like to reduce fat content)
- In a small bowl, combine ½ cup raspberries with chia seeds. Using a fork, smash berries with chia seeds. Let rest for a few minutes.
- Using a small pairing knife, destem the collard leaves (see pic below).
- Spread the peanut butter onto each collard leaf.
- Top peanut butter with raspberry jelly on each collard leaf.
- Top with remaining fresh berries and roll up.