In other news, I could not think of a better way to celebrate the launch of the new website than with a yummy gluten-free vegan Funfetti Smoothie! What’s better than funfetti? And a side note about sprinkles- you can purchase vegan sprinkles made with natural dyes at Wegmans, Whole Foods, or here. They are just as tasty as regular sprinkles, but the colors are more muted compared to standard sprinkles. But hey, I would rather muted colors over sprinkles with nasty dyes and ingredients any day.
So enter the giveaway, make this smoothie, and have a fabulous week!!! Cheers!
Gluten-Free Vegan Funfetti Smoothie
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (coconut or soy milk may be substituted)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tbsp cashew butter (adds the batter taste to smoothie, can substitute coconut butter)
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp natural sprinkles
Creamy Frosting (adapted from Katie’s recipe) (optional):
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup silken tofu, drained
- 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (cane sugar can be substituted)
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- Combine unsweetened almond milk, frozen banana, cashew butter, oats, and vanilla extract in a blender, puree until completely blended. Add in sprinkles, stirring with a spoon to combine. Pour into a tall glass (or bowl if you want to get crazy).
- Prepare Creamy Frosting: combine all frosting ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend or process until fully combined. If mixture becomes too thick, add more unsweetened almond milk.
- If creating a fancy smoothie, drop frosting into a plastic sandwich bag (or pastry piping bag). Close bag and snip a small hole in corner of bag with scissors. Pipe onto top of smoothie, garnish with more sprinkles. If you’re going for a more casual smoothie, just throw some frosting onto the top of the smoothie with a spoon. Note: Frosting is completely optional, but what’s a funfetti party without the frosting?!