A friend of mine recently asked me about the chocolate avocado pudding concept. The idea that blending avocados, cocoa powder (or cacao), and a little bit of sweetener gives you tasty non-dairy chocolate pudding is fantastic. But we can take this one step further – freeze the mixture and we get healthy vegan fudgsicles!
I was a fudgsicle lover as a kid and am pretty stoked about this popsicle discovery. It’s just one more example of how you can still indulge in your favorite treats even if you’re trying to avoid dairy. If you don’t have popsicle molds, you can use dixie cups with popsicle sticks or straws. Try these and let me know what you think. Tag #alovelysideproject on Instagram or Twitter so I can see your creation!
- 2 avocados, pitted and peeled
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 6 tbsp cacao powder (can sub cocoa powder)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- sprinkle of sea salt
- a few drops stevia to sweeten (optional)
- Combine avocados through sea salt in a blender and puree until completely mixed. Add stevia to taste.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds or dixie cups, add sticks.
- Freeze overnight.
- To serve, run popsicle mold under hot water for 30 seconds to ease removal (or let sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes).