I’m coming at you today with a healthy, dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan pizza that is straight up fall! Maybe it’s the savory butternut squash sauce, maybe it’s the roasted veggies, but either way it’s all kinds of tasty.
Don’t let the cauliflower crust scare you; this pizza does not have to be complicated! If you’re able to find the right ingredients (like a pre-made cauliflower crust or pre-made riced cauliflower), this recipe will come together hella fast. If you can’t find the premade crust, you can check out a homemade version, linked up below. And if you want to scrap the crust all together, try making the butternut squash sauce, sautéeing the veggies and mixing it all together with some gluten-free pasta. Fall AF pasta. 🙂
Like I mentioned above, here’s a few time-savers for making this pizza:
- Get pre-made cauliflower crust. I found mine at Trader Joe’s, in the freezer section. If you don’t have a TJ’s nearby, you can mess around with this cauliflower crust recipe.
- Pre-bake the squash prior to making the pizza. (You can do this up to two days before.) Slice squash in half, remove the seeds, throw it in the oven (cut-side down on parchment) and roast at 400 degrees F for 40 minutes or until done.
- Slice up the veggies prior to making the pizza.
- Make the vegan parmesan prior to making the pizza. (Trust me, you will not mind having this in your fridge one bit! It’s so good on salads, pasta, and pretty much everything else.)
This pizza is versatile: make it to impress your boo, make it to feed your fam, or just make it for yourself because you freaking deserve it. Either way, just make it!
A look at the step by step process I threw up on IG story.
Ready to try this fall goodness for yourself?
- 1 pre-made cauliflower crust (see above for making at home)
- 1 head broccoli, stems removed, chopped
- 1 cup of garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 butternut squash, seeded and roasted (see directions above)*, and insides scooped out
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 small garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper taste
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese:
- 1 cup cashews
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Follow package directions to preheat pizza crust. (Trader Joe's directions recommend: Preheat oven to 450°F. Remove all packaging from crust and place upside down on a sheet pan. Bake 10-12 minutes, flip crust over and bake another 10-12 minutes. For a crisper crust, broil an additional 4-5 minutes or until browned.)
- While crust is preheating, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Once hot, add sliced onion to skillet.
- Sautée onion for 5 to 7 minutes until softened.
- Add broccoli and chickpeas to skillet. Cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- While veggies are sautéeing, combine cooked butternut squash, 1 tablespoon olive oil, maple syrup, and garlic cloves in a high-speed blender. Blend until fully pureed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once pizza crust is preheated, veggies are sautéed, and sauce is made, assemble the pizza, topping with sauce first, then veggies, and then vegan parmesan.
- Bake pizza according to package directions. (Trader Joe's directions recommend: Top crust with desired toppings and broil another 4-5 minutes until browned and sauce is bubbling.)