I was excited to see that watermelons are still hanging around at the grocery store. They are super tasty when paired with some hydrating cucumber and zesty lime. This simple juice is not only tasty and hydrating, but it’s also packed with numerous health benefits. We can thank the watermelon juice for:
- beta carotene & lycopene which help to combat the damaging effects of sunlight
- potassium which contributes to heart health and helps to regulate blood pressure
- L-citrulline (which the body converts to essential amino acid L-arginine) to sooth sore muscles and aid in recovery time
- vitamin C which helps to decrease inflammation in the body
- it’s’ cleansing effect on the body which helps to flush toxins from our system.
In addition to all of the above benefits, watermelon is also alkalizing. Alkalizing foods help to balance acidity in our body (too much acidity can stress our system). To read more about alkalizing foods, check out this article. Now on to that juice….
- 2 cups cubed watermelon (rind removed)
- 1 cucumber, ends removed
- 1 lime, peeled
- Add ingredients to juicer one by one.
- Serve immediately (serve with ice for a refreshing beverage).